1. Ducted heating or reverse-cycle air-conditioning aren’t as good for people with allergies and are more expensive to run, but they’re still also desirable.
2. Good insulation or double-glazing. “Some people are now even looking for triple-glazing for superior insulation,”.
3. Smart technology. “It used to be considered a niche feature but that niche is now getting bigger with people demanding all sorts of smarter functions,”.
4. Stone bench tops and good quality appliances are important,. Laminates just don’t cut it anymore.
5. Built-in robes and a separate laundry are luxuries people love,.
6. Frameless showers or showers with minimal frames are now considered much more attractive than standard models,
7. Quality tap-ware throughout the home, butler pantries with second sinks,.
8. Security systems are a plus for some. “There are people who are very security-conscious and for those our patrol cars, alarm systems, CCTV and the latest fingerprint recognition systems all add value,” says Security 1’s Phil Collins.
9. Swimming pools for a long time didn’t add value,. “But now people like pools again and at the upper end, there’s almost the expectation of a small lap pool.”